We are Nick and Danée, best friends, newlyweds, artists, avid travelers, and owners of Nick Plus Danée.
Currently based out of the Seattle and Cleveland areas, but beautiful love stories frequently take us worldwide.
While we are professional photographers by trade… We are also sushi addicts and coffee connoisseurs. And though we do our best to drift into new places and experience new things... It is not uncommon to spot the two of us on our computers working [while Nick breaks out into random song], and re-runs of Fixer Upper, Family Feud, and Impractical Jokers blast in the background.
Our very modern love story began with... Instagram. Yep. Instagram. Nick was a photographer in Cleveland and Danée was a photographer living in Southern California. At first our relationship was long distance, but because of our craze for each other, and our mutual love for travel, we found that we were together more often than not. Since then, we have combined forces, got married [YAY!], and shoot all weddings together.
We live for couples who are as adventurous as we are, and we value those who hire us for our art, our vision, and grant us creative freedom to create the most amazing imagery possible on their wedding day. Our goal is to tell the story of your wedding without interfering with the natural flow of the day. Keeping the posed shots to a minimum, we document the expressions, events, and emotions that make your wedding uniquely your own. Above all… We feel as though we are doing exactly what we were meant to do, and we pinch ourselves each morning that we get to wake up and do what we love… With the person that we love most!
…….oh! And we have a remarkably handsome cat named Owen James. He enjoys a heaping spoonful of key lime pie yogurt, taking showers, and consuming phone cords.
We can’t wait to meet you! :)
- Anything and everything reminds me of either a song or a movie quote. I don't always recite it correctly, but "60% of the time, it works every time".
- I’m still bitter to the fact that Adam Lambert didn’t win American Idol.
- If photographing weddings didn’t require so much of my time… I would train to become a world known harmonicist. So far… I have “Piano Man” on lock.
- Peach rings. They rock my whole world.
- I need a new facial hair trimmer.
- I am a proud owner of a super duper great coffee roastery… www.heartwoodroastery.com
- My name is pronounced "Duh-Nay" but I respond to "Danny" quicker than you can say Bob’s your uncle.
- I put ice in my bowls of cereal. I say bowls, because it’s really hard to only eat one. Mmmmm cereal….
- I’ve broken my nose 5 times.
- There is probably a jar of dried up pickles in our refrigerator right now… Because I drank the juice.
- When I was little, my greatest wish was to be a mermaid. Actually… it still is.
- Rice Krispie Treats. […….again with the cereal]